City Legal Office
ATTY.DOMINADOR C. MAUHAY III
Direct line: 63 (043) 784-2528
- Formulate measures for the consideration of Sanggunian andprovide legal assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Government Code
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the City Mayor, implement the same, particularly those which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide.
- Represent the local government unit in all civil actions and special proceedings wherein the local government unit or any official there of in his official capacity, is a party.
- When required by the City Mayor or Sanggunian, draft ordinances, contracts, bonds, leases and other instruments involving any interest of the local government unit and provide comments and recommendations on any question of law when requested to do so by the City Mayor or the Sanggunian.
- Implement the Barangay Legal Outreach Program, which is anchored on the City Legal Office’s mandate of developing strategies related to legal services and be in the frontline of protecting human rights.
- Investigate or cause ti be investigated any local official or employees for administrative neglect or misconduct in the office and recommend appropriate action to the City Mayor or Sanggunian or any person, form or corporate holding any franchise or exercising any public privilege for failure to comply with any terms and condition in the grant of such franchise or privilege.
- Initiate and prosecute, in the interest of the local government unit concerned any civil action on anti bond, lease or other contract upon any breach or violation thereof.
- Review and submit recommendations on ordinance and execute orders issued by the component units.
- Recommend measure to the Sanggunian and advice to the City Mayor, on all other matters related to upholding the rule of law.
- Protect human rights and prosecute any violations thereof, particularly those that occur during and in the aftermath of man-made or natural disasters and calamities.